Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Challenge: Review 1

Well, needless to say, my body hurts something amazing.

I really wasn't thinking clearly when I decided to do gym time to this degree.  Although, I'm sure by the end of summer, I won't feel so bad.  Now let's get on with the movie reviews.

First up is Ghostbusters 2.  We owned this movie on VHS when I was a kid, and it got watched a lot more than the original.  Not sure why, probably because we didn't own the original.

I still enjoy it, and it's got a lot of the humor I've grown to love in movies.  However, it's also lost some luster for me.  Probably because when I was watching this growing up, I wanted to be a Ghostbuster, and nowdays, I just want to play the game.  Kinda sad, really.

Aside from lost childhood dreams, it's still a gem in my book, and I would recommend it to anyone.

The next movie is Cars.  Let's be completely honest here.  Owen Wilson is a great voice actor, and I feel he really portrays the character of Lightning McQueen well.  all the other stars?  For some reason, they just come off sounding like themselves, and it pulls my imagination out of the movie.

It's not my favorite animation, but it's alright.  I probably would watch this movie about once every couple years because someone else wants to pop it in.  Me, I'll once again wave to it as it passes me on the road of life.

Next up for movie watching are two of my favorites, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and The Bourne Ultimatum.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment