Monday, April 11, 2011

The Importance of Being Sick

Well, of all the things I wanted to do this weekend, I only got 2 of them done. 

First, I went down to Tri-Cities to coach my Quizzers through the District level Quizzing tournament!  It was a total blast, and a lot of fun to see my kids succeed.  Unlike the other tournament meets, this one is only the top 30% of all the quizzers, and includes questions from the material, rather than ones they've all heard before.

Overall, we got two Golds (who each missed 3 or less questions out of 60) and two Silvers (each silver only missed the gold mark by a couple questions).  Not too shabby, and from what I hear, there were no perfect quiz scores.  I'm very proud of my quizzers!  But alas, the season is now over, and won't pick up until September this year. 

Second, I managed to get a ton of sleep this weekend.  This was, unfortunately, due to being extremely sick and miserable.  Im not sure where it came from, whether it was my lovely sniffling nieces, the chills I got from the 5.5 mile walk we went on last week, or just some random stranger hacking in my direction I was unaware of. 

Whatever the cause, Friday was a big adventure, and I ended up going home before the awards ceremony, only to be taken care of by my lovely fiance and her magical soup making skills.  I went home after that, and spent most of my day in bed on Sunday, with the occaisional trip to get more water or move around a bit to get the blood flowing.

Also, I had a hot dog just before noon.  I love hot dogs.  One of life's best foods.

So I apologize for the lack of comic page this week, but it still hurts to look at a computer screen for too long, so perhaps I will post a couple this week once I am feeling better.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were sick, Son! I am SOOoooo Proud of you walking 5.5 miles!! That is miles, not inches or feet, right? Amazing and I can't do that so good on ya. Get well! I love you and tell Deanna, I LOVE HER FOR TAKING CARE OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete