Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thank You and God Bless

Normally, I try to stay away from bandwagonning here on the blog, and in life in general.  When I see "thank you's and bumper stickers saying to support the troops, it generally gets on my nerves.  Not because I don't support them, but because I tend to lump those people into the "it's trendy so I'll say it" crowd, and they just get on my nerves.  (My apologies if you've got something like that and bought it out of genuine concern)

I do pray for the troops during my daily devotionals.  I have friends who are currently serving, even though I no longer do so, and I consider myself part of the family of those who were/are/will be in the Armed Forces.  I support the troops, and I pray when I hear one of them has been injured.  It does hit you sometimes though, right in the heart.

It didn't quite hit me so hard as it did yesterday, when I found out that a friend's husband was injured in the line of duty.  He lost both of his legs and several fingers on one hand.  If you could keep Josh Elliott and his family in your prayers, I would be most appreciative.

But I also think it's a good time for praying for our troops in general.  Every single one.  Also the families of those who have been injured or lost their lives in the act of service.

It's not bandwagonning, it's from the depths of my heart, dear readers, won't you pray with me this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment