Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dave 438, Gnats 3

This morning I woke up to what I, at first, thought was a real nightmare. 

In my shower (I have a see through plastic shower curtain) were a bazillion tiny winged bugs, hanging on everything.  I was freaked!  With no idea as to what was going on, but nearly every scene from the B Movies I had seen as a child coursing through my head, I threw on my clothes, and left the house.

A quick google search or two later (from the safety of my work) I figured out that these were common gnats, and that they must have hatched from egg sacks in my bathtub drain.  I immediately struck out to find a way to kill them, armed with the knowledge only google could provide.

After work, I had a meeting with Deanna and our trusted local jeweler to discuss wedding rings.  Deanna is designing mine, since I designed her engagement ring (it's one of a kind ya know).  We also found out that one of the stones from her ring had fallen out in the cleaning machine, so she had to leave her ring there so they could find the stone and remount it.  As our jeweler walked out to tend to another customer, I got a chance to see her ring next to the base for mine.  Instantly, I thought of the crowns from a King and Queen.  Her design for my ring is perfect!

After that, we parted ways, and I headed to Home Depot to grab my weapons and prepare to combat the problem of the gnats.  I grabbed a couple cans of spray gnat killer (organic of course) and one giant fogger (which is used to coat the entire house in non-organic chemicals designed to kill everything) and headed home.

12 minutes after entering the door, only 3 really fast, super intelligent gnats remain, my bathroom is filled with little winged dead bodies, and my house smells like the inside of a Pepto Bismol bottle.  I'm hoping that they remain dead long enough for me to get my house back. 

I would like to shower today after all.

1 comment: