Monday, March 14, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened To Me At Church...

This last weekend, in between sessions of Children's Church, a couple of my Quizzers came up and asked about the Great Quizzing Challenge I was planning for them.

Side Note:  The Great Quizzing Challenge is something I created to challenge my quizzers throughout the Quizzing season.  The top ten quizzers would get dinner, a movie, and our Pastor's homemade milkshakes.  It was originally designed to test their ability to adhere to my rules and guidelines, but eventually I felt guilty enough to get rid of that concept, and basically, it's going to be a surprise for ALL of the quizzers, not just the top ten I originally intended.  Parents, please don't tell the kids yet!  Back to the Blog.

We were discussing the movie choices for the Challenge party, and I mentioned that I had decided to show Despicable Me.  The children wanted to watch How To Train Your Dragon instead.  I declined to show that movie because some scenes are pretty scary for the littler kids.  Both of the children agreed, and we began talking about Toothless and how awesome the fight was between him and the huge dragon in the movie.

At this point, my geekiness broke through, and I mentioned that I would really like to see Toothless take on Batman.

The youngest girl (about 7) looked at me, stated with all measure of disappointment "You're acting like a little boy again", and stomped off.

She was right, of course.  Still, you have to admit that would be a fun fight to watch.

Anything like this every happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment