Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Friend The Cupcake

I have to admit that I have a weakness for all things sugary.  Well most things.  I had seaweed candy once from Singapore.  I do not have a weakness for that except the retching in my stomach after eating it.

Moving on.

One of our church members, who is also a friend, has a business making such wonderful sugary treats known as cupcakes .  Mr. Magic's Cupcake Factory to be exact.  This past Sunday, they brought some cupcakes for everyone in their Sunday School class, and since I just happened to be waiting in the foyer for him to arrive, I went ahead and helped myself to one before going to my own Sunday School activities.

The first problem was which one to choose from.  There were several yummy varieties to choose from.  Like these:



Which I forget what kind they were.  But something yummy.  No doubt about that.  There were also these:

Which are Mexican Chocolate.  They are a mix of caramel and chocolate.  It was hard not to just grab the box and run at that point. I controlled myself though, and ended up with this one:



This one is the Washington Carmel Apple cupcake.  Honestly, I really enjoy it when companies make stuff related to their states. 

Side Note:  Last night, Deanna and I went out for sushi with her friend Scout, who's spending some time over here on vacation.  As we were browsing the menu, I noticed several state specific sushi.  Washington Roll, Idaho Roll, Montana Roll, etc.  I suggested coming back one day and having all the state rolls just for kicks.  We did end up ordering the Montana Rolls, which were awesome!  But this blog is about cupcakes, so lets get back.

The above picture was taken prior to my actual taste test.  The intention was to split this with Deanna, and only eat half.  However, shortly after taking the first bite, I was thrown into a blissful state of ravenous munching and when I snapped out of it, I only had half of the wrapper and a deep bite mark on my finger.

It's her fault for not coming to church with me that day anyway, right?

The cupcake itself was just amazing.  It had real apple chunks and a mouth-watering carmel filled center!  I'm adding these guys to our list of possible suppliers for the wedding, since we need to feed about 300 people some sort of desert.  Though I'm not sure 300 people crazed on yummy goodness would be safe for the decorations, or the DJ.

If you want to learn more, check them out on facebook!

3 comments:

  1. DC. As always you make me laugh. Thanks for the wonderful review on Mr. Magic's Cupcake Factory. And more importantly for being a great friend.

    Michele and Gary
    http://mrmagicscupcakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Apple Caramel Cupcake sounded delicious! If you hear someone beating on your door - RUN! It's me looking for crumbs!

    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome guys! Just so ya know, there's going to be a ton of parents and kids at Bethel on Saturday, it might be a good time to bring some samples for people to try!

    Also, I need some business cards to hand out for you guys! I have a few people who are interested ;)

    ReplyDelete