Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just a Tad Late is All

So, I apologize for missing yesterday's post.  Also, for not posting this sooner.

Once again, it has been a busy weekend, but not of wedding planning.  Instead, Saturday was the day Deanna and I decided to make our Valentine's Day.

We spent most of the day just doing errands and goofing around, until about 3, when we both began to primp and prepare for our date.  At 5:30 we found ourselves at one of our favorite local spots.  Vin Rouge.  It's a great, fancy, expensive place that we went to a couple times before. 

Side Note:  I learned from an old mentor of mine to judge certain restaurants as "paint-your-plate" places.  These are restaurants that typically charge a ton of money for presentation and style rather than substance.  If your meal is smaller than the stack of money you pay for it, those are the "paint-your-plate" spots.  Back to the blog.

In the past, we've judge Vin Rouge to be partially "paint-your-plate" because it's portions are bigger than what you typically see at a place like that.  So in we went, and after some deliberation, ended up getting a few items from the menu.  What we were surprised to find was how much the place had improved sine we last visited it.

What we thought would be a small plate of sweet potato fries for $5.95 ended up being a huge bucket of them, bigger than the bucket of fries at Zip's (which is to say, very large).  More than half our meal was taken home in boxes, including both of the appetizers we ordered.

After dinner, it was down to the Spokane Civic Theatre (the Firth J. Chew Studio to be exact) to watch The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.  It was a wonderful, hilarious performance, and my face still hurts from laughing so hard.  There was also some audience participation that was great too.

Finally, we headed back to her place to play some checkers and watch the Cosby Show.  I didn't get back until after midnight.  Hence, my reason for not blogging.  As for tonight, I had Quizzing in the morning, then I went to my stepmom's to prepare for the eventual arrival of my brother and his family, who were at the Steeling the Mind conference in Coeur d'Alene. 

They were both tired, but enjoyed our company and food that we had prepared.  I just got home a little bit ago, hence the reason for the late post.  Now, I do have to get to bed, since I have to be up early for my walk.

Goodnight dear readers, and I hope you all have/had a great Valentines Day!

1 comment: