Friday, February 4, 2011

Out the Door

Well, here I go, taking on yet another project.  Welcome readers!  (Or browsers, depending upon your frequency.)

I was going to do something super special for my first post, like talk about myself, where I came from, what I do (whether I like it or not), or who I am now.  But then I decided against it.  I have something I want to get off my chest.

Why can't life be more like movies?  Currently, my fiance and I are looking at wedding cakes.  (The wedding is 9/10/11 by the way)  I was really disappointed to find out that none of the local cake companies do "cake tasting" like in the movie "The Accidental Husband".  Instead, they sit down, show you pictures, and send some cake home with you.  I'm curious as to why we can't eat it there?  Despite being a little rude to have a conversation with a mouth stuffed with cake, it seems like they don't want to encourage eating of cake on the premises.  Are the bakers recovering cake-aholics?

Side note:  I used to work in a bakery, and a definite cure to the eating of sweets was to make them.  My opinion is that if everyone who liked oat bars and nanimo bars had to make them first, they would disappear completely from the world.  Back to the blog.

Or like why we can't have every problem wrapped up in two hours flat by cutting out the waiting, and just jump to the next important scene.  I'm not a patient person, and I hate waiting.  I've even stopped praying for patience because I know that if I do, God will make me stand in line.

Side Note:  Yeah, I'm Christian, and proud of it.  My future career as a Pastor is coming together nicely.  I've been offered to preach once a month at a local retirement home to bring words of encouragement to all the nice old ladies.  I haven't accepted it yet, but I feel I should soon.  Back to the blog.

So my dear readers, how would you change your life into a more movie like atmosphere?  My fiance has already claimed the idea of the movie soundtrack, and musicals.  Sorry.  She comes first.

5 comments:

  1. More movie like... Does that mean that I can yell cut when something goes wrong and have a redo and only have to relive the mistakes in the blooper reel? My life would have more 'far-off places, daring sword fights [minus the finger slicing this time], magic spells [stopping time would be handy], a prince in disguise [wait, I already found my prince - too bad he doesn't live in a pink castle anymore]!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not surprised Deanna wants life to be more like a musical. I really like my life how it is, but it would be nice to eat & eat & always look like a movie star. Wake up in the morning looking gorgeous. :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finger...slicing...THIS TIME??? What did I miss?! Please tell me you're talking about a movie you saw recently...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You missed a sword fight in Smudge's backyard last August. I learned the hard way why one should always wear gloves. My opponent's sword "Slayer" (yes, that is the name of the sword) connected with my fingers - looked like a paper cut until I bent my finger and we realized how deep it actually was. No permanent damage and only a tiny scar to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a relief! I've seen Smudge's sword collection, it could have been a lot worse.

    ReplyDelete